PUPPY OBEDIENCE TRAINING AT THE GREENLIN LAMBS GAP LOCATION
Early life is a crucial behavior-shaping period for dogs: the perfect opportunity to set them up for confident and positive behaviors later in life as adults. Our trusted staff is equipped with various certifications and tools from our all-inclusive facility to instill life-long skills in your pup.
Let Your Puppy Grow Up With Greenlin
This world is a giant place for your new puppy: at every turn, there are new sights, smells, and sounds for them to explore. These experiences can be overwhelming without the right guidance and reinforcement, making it easy for them to develop undesirable behaviors as they rapidly adapt.
When puppies undergo early-life training, they can learn how to focus their attention, maintain restraint, and redirect their energy when necessary. These skills are essential in providing a well-rounded and full life for a domesticated dog. Dogs that experience training environments at a young age are more likely to confidently grasp advanced adult commands more rapidly, which can set you up for a uniquely close-bonded relationship later.
Do you have a new puppy in the family? Set them up for success with puppy training classes at Greenlin Lambs Gap! We have many scheduling options for busy families like yours. Call (717) 297-6396 to learn more about our facility, or stop by and see the incredible amenities for yourself! We’re located at 1810 Lambs Gap Rd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050, and we’d love to meet your four-legged family!
Ready to Start a Reservation?
Our Goals for Puppy Training
Dogs each have their own unique personalities, which begin to develop in puppyhood.
At Greenlin, we recognize that dogs will learn in diverse ways, using a combination of techniques and specialized attention. We’ve built a comprehensive approach that caters to a wide variety of pups because we take all learning styles into consideration when building your dog’s customized action plan.
We pride ourselves on these three main service goals:
- Achieve reliable responses to verbal commands through positive reinforcement and motivational training methods.
- Get the whole family excited and involved in the training and maintenance process.
- Provide dog families with additional resources and skills to maintain all of the training that your puppy has completed in their everyday lives at home. Additionally, we are always here to provide continued support, guidance, and maintenance classes.
We Offer American Kennel Club (AKC) Certified Training Programs
The AKC is a nationally recognized organization that promotes wellness through its own dog training programs. Greenlin offers specialty programs created by the AKC to give every dog the opportunity to learn helpful lessons and retain skills that young pups should know for a fulfilling life experience.
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program
This trusted program exists to set a gold standard for mannerisms in young dogs. Six enriching classes instructed by an AKC Canine Good Citizens Approved Evaluator help shape your puppy with an impressive foundation of good behaviors they can carry into adult training.
Puppy training isn’t just for young dogs. Adjusting to life with a new puppy can be exhausting for new pet owners, and the S.T.A.R Puppy Program offers tools and resources for building a strong and healthy relationship with their young pups in and out of the home.
This specialized AKC puppy training program has objectives for both puppies and owners, such as:
- To provide socialization
- To provide basic training for skills that are the foundation for all other learning
- To teach owners about the appropriate amount of exercise and activity for their puppy
- To teach owners how to be responsible dog owners
How Does Greenlin Set Puppies Up for Success?
There are some important qualities that help every dog live a fulfilled life: socialization, obedience, and positive stimuli processing behaviors. Your puppy is not born with these essential skills, but they can be learned through strategic and enriching training classes.
Greenlin sets puppies up for success in adulthood by introducing basic commands, good behaviors, and confidence-building techniques at a young age. When puppies get a head start with training and begin learning, they’re likely to excel in advanced classes later while having better relationships with owners and others around them.
To promote the success of each dog and to ensure we personalize our approach to their unique situation, every training engagement follows the same general process.
- Early-On Personality Assessment — Before your dog joins our training classes, it is important that we get to know a bit more about their personality. We group dogs by age, temperament, and sociability, among other factors, so this is a crucial step in ensuring we can customize their program to their needs and the owner’s goals.
- We Perfect Skills By Testing Them Through Various Situations — One stage in our training strategy, called “proofing,” involves testing the commands and behaviors the puppy has learned in a variety of situations. By putting your dog in different situations to prove their mastery of a command, we create long-term results and give you a level of confidence in your dog’s abilities outside the classroom.
- Small Trainee-to-Trainer Ratio — One of the most important parts of training is ensuring that your dog is receiving all the individualized attention they need. Our classes are taught in small groups with a reasonable trainer-to-trainee ratio. We have multiple staff members on hand for each class to make sure that no dog is ever alone or without instruction.
- Getting Owners and Their Family Involved — Training starts in the home and it continues every day. At the completion of your puppy’s program, you and your entire household will be given a demonstration. Not only will you be able to see what your puppy has accomplished, but you’ll also be able to learn how to set boundaries and reinforce positive behaviors.
More Learning Opportunities With Puppy Board and Train or Day-camp Packages
Train and play with the most luxurious stay in all of PA! Greenlin Lambs Gap offers various training programs that allow you to drop them off daily for day camp, or leave them with us overnight for board & train. The puppy boarding and training strategy allows for more-rapid progress and individually tailored care. You have a 10, 20, or 30-day package to choose from where your dog can enjoy the lavish amenities of our trusted pet resort.
Get Your Puppy Ready for Adult Training
Puppy training is a great way to prepare your dog for more advanced commands in the future. Dogs who train from puppyhood are also known to communicate better with their owners because puppy training helps give dogs the tools they need to learn how to communicate with humans. Your dog could return to our program to pick up more complex tricks, understand more-detailed behavior patterns, and be more attentive to your direction as they reach maturity.
Puppy Obedience Training at Greenlin Lambs Gap Sets Puppies Up For Confidence in Adulthood
We’re committed to excellence, and skill-building is what we do. Named “Simply the Best” in the business by Harrisburg magazine, our recognized facility has been entrusted to shape and train countless dogs loved by our local community. We’d love to do the same for your young puppy.
Ready to book a class or want to learn more? Call (717) 732-2255, or stop by and come see our state-of-the-art facility for yourself! We’re located at 1810 Lambs Gap Rd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050.