Dog Daycare in Harrisburg, PA
Ever wondered what your dog does all day while you’re at work or running errands? Or can you assume what they do based on the mess you come home to? When you bring your canine to daycare, we can keep them active and stimulated so they still have well-rounded days while you can’t be home.
Pups Will Have a Great Time With Greenlin
Your whole life can’t be centered around the house, and your dog’s shouldn’t either. When you leave for work or to run errands, your dog can easily begin to feel bored at home. This can lead to unwanted or destructive behaviors. If you’ve ever come home to your dog ripping apart a pillow or a shoe, that is their way of communicating their boredom. Without consistent stimulation throughout the day, some breeds may even develop health issues. Our skilled caretakers can provide a well-rounded day full of activities, lounging time, and of course, lots of attention.
Your dog’s day can be just as exciting as yours. With our endless list of customizations, you can build the perfect daycare agenda. If you want to learn more about our amenities, call 717-678-7326 or contact us online.
Ready to Start a Reservation?
Why Choose Our Doggy Daycare?
Out of all the dog daycares in Harrisburg, we’re the best. No really, we mean it! According to Harrisburg Magazine, a local publication, our facility is “Simply the Best” in the business.
As a locally trusted and vet-recommended daycare, we have a reputation to uphold. We have reviewed every detail of pet care and developed a paradise for every pup. Our staff holds a commitment to excellence, and we will go above and beyond to make sure that your dog enjoys their time with us.
There are many great aspects of dog daycare, but these are some of our best:
- Daycare is the healthier option: When you leave your dog at home, they’re left to entertain themselves. Sometimes dogs have a hard time controlling themselves when they feel hyper, and that can lead to a mess (one they won’t be cleaning up). Without the proper outlet to blow off some of their pent-up energy, they might take it out on something like a pillow or shoe. Foreign body ingestion is a serious concern, and without proper care, can lead to serious health problems.
- Strict cleaning procedures: To ensure the safety of our guests, we practice a strict cleaning schedule that runs like clockwork. Every day, all common areas are thoroughly disinfected, and community toys and equipment are sanitized in between uses. On top of these practices, we have implemented a state-of-the-art filtration system that removes dirt, dust, and dander from the air.
- Extensively trained staff: Before any member of our staff can work with our guests hands-on, they must complete comprehensive in-house training that covers the ins and outs of pet handling and care. All staff members are also canine First-Aid and CPR certified.
- Accommodations for all types of pups: All dogs are welcome at Greenlin! We can make special accommodations for puppies, seniors, or special needs dogs that may require a bit more individualized attention. Contact us online to learn more about our accommodations.
The Benefits Of Daycare
Your dog shouldn’t spend the majority of their days waiting around for you to come home, and if they do, it may be affecting them more than you know. Lack of proper stimulation can result in many adverse symptoms that can lead to serious health concerns.
We know you love your dog and want to give them a long and fulfilling life, that’s why incorporating ample amounts of exercise into their routine is essential. On top of the health concerns, no animal wants to be bored. Even couch potato pups enjoy stimulating activities, and our skilled caregivers can help you assess the proper level of stimulation your dog needs to have a well-rounded day.
Some of the key benefits of daycare include:
- Physical & Mental Stimulation: Dogs need exercise and mental engagement to stay healthy. Daycare is an exciting place for dogs to get all the socialization they crave while burning off energy and having a great time!
- Dogs Need Socialization: Dogs are naturally social creatures, thriving in community environments. Daycare is a safe place for dogs to interact with other canines, ultimately improving their confidence and socialization skills.
- It Prevents Boredom: Dogs can easily grow bored when left alone for a long period of time. This boredom often leads to undesirable behaviors. When you bring your dog to daycare, they can enjoy consistent engagement to stimulate their active personalities.
- Safer Than the Dog Park or Being Left at Home: At the dog park, there is no way to regulate how dogs interact with each other. This can pose some dangerous risks when personalities clash. Leaving your dog at home means they’ll have no supervision for many hours of the day. With no way to monitor them, who knows what they’ll get into? Our facility is responsible for maintaining the general wellness of our guests, and we can keep your beloved pup safer than these other options.
Safety is Our #1 Priority
When you leave your dog in the hands of another caretaker, the most important thing you want to know is if they will be safe. At Greenlin, we’ve taken extensive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all our guests. You won’t find a safer pet resort, which is why local vets work closely with us to give our community animals the best care.
We want everyone to enjoy themselves in a safe place, so these safety procedures and precautions are critical parts of our facility:
- Small guest-to-staff ratio: Dogs can get into a lot of mischief when they aren’t supervised, which is why we organize our staff’s schedule to ensure that there are always extra hands (and eyes) around to help where they are needed.
- Fencing around the yard: One of the best parts about being a dog is rolling around an open yard with the wind blowing in their ears. The freeing feeling of grassy acreage is exciting to dogs, and we want our guests to enjoy themselves. Instead of restricting your pup to a 5-foot leash, we have secured our outdoor perimeter with a high-up fencing system that contains all canines to the safety of our facility.
- Playgroups are organized by similarity: When you go to a dog park, you never know what kind of personalities your dog might come into contact with. At Greenlin, we have the chance to pair likely friends based on their breed, age, temperament, and other related factors. This system helps all of our guests enjoy their experience at Greenlin and make friends with other like-minded canines.
- Immunizations are required for all guests: To keep all of our visitors safe, we require all pets to be updated with their distemper, Bordetella, and rabies vaccines.
So Much More Than Daycare
Greenlin Pet Resort offers a long list of services and a longer list of customizable amenities. We are so much more than a daycare. Here, your dog can get everything from training to boarding, to a spa day. You can pair many of our other services with your dog’s daycare experience to give them a fully occupied day. We like to believe that we have something for every pup, and our list of add-ons can help personalize their stay with us.
When you come to Greenlin, your dog can enjoy:
- Celebrating puppy parties: Whether you are celebrating a birthday, holiday, or new accomplishment, show your pup the love they have around them by inviting all of their friends to a Greenlin puppy party. We host parties that dogs love, and you can customize their schedule of activities based on your dog’s interests.
- Pairing doggie daycare with a training session: Our pet resort offers many services, including dog training. Our certified trainers can enrich your dog’s day at daycare with learning opportunities that have you impressed when they come home. Teach basic commands, tricks, or composed behaviors with our dog training services.
- A spa day is just what your dog needs: After a long day of playing, training, and making new friends, your pup might need to refresh. Our spa services can provide a bath, brush out, and paw maintenance, so they come home cleaner than they came in.
Make the Best Out of Their Day With Greenlin Dog Daycare in Harrisburg
You don’t need to feel guilty every time you leave your dog to go to work or run errands. Instead, give them an exciting day of their own with fun activities, friends, and fantastic treats. We’ll work with you to put together an exciting day that fits your dog’s personality. While you are busy with the ins and outs of your everyday life, feel peace of mind knowing your dog is safe and being cared for by some of the best professionals in the field.
Call 717-678-7326 or contact us online to learn more about the fine details of our facility!