Dog Training in Harrisburg, PA
Training your dog is essential to giving them a well-rounded and fulfilling life. Untrained dogs are typically more prone to anxiety and undesirable behaviors, while composed pups who have completed training courses are better situated toward a calm lifestyle and a positive relationship with their family. Help your dog learn good behaviors in a safe training environment with our skilled trainers and loving caregivers.
We Go Above and Beyond With Dog Training Classes At Greenlin
Kick your dog’s training journey off with a locally trusted and vet-recommended facility like Greenlin. We have a passion for pets, and our goal is to help your dog succeed by instilling major life skills that they’ll need regardless of age or breed.
Ready to see your dog blossom with good behavior and develop a more rewarding respectful relationship with everyone in the household? Start their training journey when you call 717-678-7326 or contact us online. If you are in the area, we welcome you to stop by our facility and look around for yourself. We are located at 147 N Cameron St, Harrisburg, PA 17101.
Ready to Start a Reservation?
Dog Training Breeds Happier Dogs and More-Content Families
You and your beloved family dog share an incredibly close bond, but sometimes, do you catch yourself wondering why they exhibit certain behaviors? If you’ve ever wanted to communicate with your dog more effectively or understand their behavioral patterns, dog training school is the perfect place for your pup to grow.
A fulfilling life for a dog includes a consistent training journey so that they can learn to process big emotions and stimuli, follow commands, and demonstrate composure in order to participate in society with their owners. These life-long skills make it easier for your dog to communicate their needs, and with the help of Greenlin’s Harrisburg team, you can start to understand the ‘why’ behind their behaviors much easier.
Communicating with your pup isn’t the only benefit of training, either. Our certified trainers will take the time to understand your lifestyle and goals for the pup in order to shape their behaviors in a way that is suitable for your daily routine. Our customizable approach makes it simpler for your dog to learn a wide variety of commands and behaviors based on your own personal goals. If you wish to reverse undesirable behaviors, you will have the chance to discuss your concerns with a training instructor, and they can help organize a strong plan of action to shape better etiquette.
Passing the AKC Canine Good Citizens (CGC) Test!
The American Kennel Club is an organization that was founded over a century ago with the prime principle of protecting purebred pups and later expanded to become a pillar in the canine wellness community. They created the Canine Good Citizens Program to promote the standardization of good dog behaviors, which now is a valuable certification to prove the composure of your dog.
Our trainers are certified evaluators of the CGC exam and can help them prepare with skill-building training. By using our respected training method along with a customized approach to teaching styles and activities, your dog will be ready to pass every CGC test item with ease.
These are the 10 Canine Good Citizen Test Items:
- Test 1: Accepting a friendly stranger
- Test 2: Sitting politely for petting
- Test 3: Appearance and grooming
- Test 4: Out for a walk (loose lead)
- Test 5: Walking through a crowd
- Test 6: Sit and down on cue and stay in place
- Test 7: Coming when called
- Test 8: Reaction to another dog
- Test 9: Reaction to a distraction
- Test 10: Supervised separation
Greenlin Dog Training Method
- Evaluation: The first step of the Greenlin training method is thoroughly evaluating your dog’s current skill level and socialization. This orientation process is crucial for us to build an effective training schedule based on your dog’s unique personal needs and your own respective goals.
- Behavior shaping: Our approach focuses on the fine details of skill retention, where we break down tasks into small successes and eventually combine them to reach a bigger goal. This patient process will help your dog hold onto the skills they have learned more naturally. Because we break down large goals into smaller tasks, we are attempting to build their confidence by showing the dog that they can accomplish every step instead of expecting immediate skill retention.
- Imprinting (teaching the command): This stage revolves around teaching a prompted response through example and repetition. We will start with basic commands like “sit,” “leave it,” and “drop it,” but we can easily progress to more advanced commands, even introducing non-verbal cues. The objective is to engrain these cues and desired behaviors into your dog’s natural rhythm.
- Proofing: This is where we solidify what your dog has learned by intensifying distractions, commanding in different ways, and in different settings. By changing the environment, adding loud noise or distractions, adding distance from the dog, or prolonging duration in which they are expected to hold a command, we are able to thoroughly test how well the dog has accepted a command into their natural routine.
- Maintenance: This stage of training can be conducted at home or in a follow-up training session at our facility. Maintenance training can be beneficial when your dog has had recent changes to their environment or otherwise need a refresher course on skills that they have previously learned. During their initial training, our instructors will offer some extra resources for pet parents to continue their dog’s training journey at home.
How Can I Prepare My Dog for Their Training Lesson?
Dogs are naturally excited and curious creatures, which helps them thrive in academic environments. Most dogs are eager to learn with the right reward system, so preparation should never be vigorous or complicated for the owner. We recommend ensuring that your dog has had a good night of rest, so they have the energy to sustain themselves during high-energy activities.
For dogs that board with us, we will maintain a consistent feeding and sleeping schedule that keeps them well-rested and ready for a day of learning and fun! Dog behavior training is also a workout of the mind, and in order for them to thrive, they should be well-fed and hydrated. We don’t recommend feeding your dog within 1 hour of vigorous activity because doing so can result in dangerous health conditions.
Play & Train
Our play and train program is an excellent choice for busy pet parents who want to pair the convenience of a daycare center with an enriching training session. Dogs will have the chance to make new friends while learning lifelong skills.
Lodge & earn
The Lodge & Learn program is an efficient way to see rapid success in dogs of all ages.. You can choose between a 10, 20, or 30-day training program where your beloved pup will enjoy the luxuries of our boarding lodge while they engage in skill-building training sessions. Our boarding lodge is vet-recommended for the lavish comforts and customizations that can be made to personalize their stay and make it uniquely comfortable.
Greenlin Pet Resorts Offers Comprehensive Dog Training in Harrisburg, PA
Dog obedience training is a journey, and our skilled instructors at Greenlin in Harrisburg can give you the tools that you need to help your dog succeed. Dogs can enjoy a fully inclusive facility, the care of our loving instructors, and playgroups that match likely friends all while retaining life-long skills that they need to live a well-rounded life.
Ready to start your dog’s training journey? Call 717-678-7326 or contact us online to learn more about what our facility can do for your family. In the area? We welcome you to stop by and see the magic for yourself. We are located at 147 N Cameron St, Harrisburg, PA 17101.