Dog Bathing & Spa in Middletown, PA
There’s nothing like being pampered with a spa day, and it’s even better when it’s for your health. Dogs bathed and treated regularly have healthier skin and coats, which improves their overall health. Our caring dog bathers will send your pup off looking their best every time.
Dogs Refresh After Ruff Days At Middletown Dog Retreat & Spa
Do you know that cozy feeling of tucking into fresh sheets after a soothing hot shower? That light, clean feeling is exactly how your pup feels after a good dog bath. When your dog grows layer after layer of fur, the feeling of their dense coat can start to weigh them down. At Greenlin, we offer a selection of baths, nail trims, and brush-out treatments that will refresh their coat, helping them feel as good as new.
Is your doggy overdue for a spa day? Want to learn more about our standard and premium services? Call (717) 844-6569 or come by and see Greenlin for yourself! We’re located at 600 Schoolhouse Rd. Middletown, PA 17057, conveniently stationed between the PA-283 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike/I-73.
Dog Bathing is Critical For Well-Rounded Health
Even if you have built a healthy diet for your dog, keep them hydrated, and make sure they get enough exercise, without skin and coat maintenance, your dog could be suffering in silence. Full-service dog baths are a critical step for preventing skin and coat issues in the future. Our trained professionals can help prevent later damage and keep tabs on their overall skin and coat health.
- Your Dogs Skin is Their Largest Organ The state of your dog’s skin and coat is one of the first general indicators of their health. Skin is the largest organ that most animals have, and when properly maintained, the skin will act as a strong immunity barrier from outside germs. Healthy skin also increases the animal's overall comfort and well-being.
- Minimizes and Eliminates Dog Odors Regular dog baths can help minimize (or even eliminate) the smell of dog odor, helping to make your clothes — and car and home — smell fresh.
- Prevent Fur Matting Fur mats are one of the most uncomfortable problems with a dog’s coat. A mat is when a clump of fur tangles together, causing the fur to slowly tear and pull away from the skin. This is considered a dangerous medical condition because matting can lead to bruises or other more severe consequences.
- Reduce Shedding Aside from their odor, another way you can spot a dog owner is the fur that attaches to absolutely everything! Regular bathing can help stop excessive shedding. Excess shedding can often indicate that your dog’s skin is dry or that their coat is not evenly maintained. If your dog is excessively shedding, you may also notice dandruff, a flaking layer of dead skin on their coat. Ask the staff members at your pup’s next appointment what you can do about dry, flaky skin.
- Keeps Paws Healthy Your pup is on their paws all day, so it’s important to keep them in tip-top shape. A dog’s nails grow rapidly and consistently, but overgrown nails can cause discomfort or, in serious cases, grow so long they curl back. Paws are also sensitive, and bathing can keep your dog’s paws free of dry skin or painful calluses.
- A Wellness Check Comes With All Services At Our Dog Spa With every professional bath we offer a thorough screening of a dog’s skin, coat, and paws. Staff is trained to look for any abnormalities that could be signaling other medical concerns.
Spa Services Available at Greenlin Middletown
When your dog comes to Greenlin, they get more than a place to board, train, or have daycare. We love to pamper pets, and our luxurious amenities and outstanding pet resources have dogs giving us two paws up every time. Our spa services are a fantastic amenity available to all Greenlin guests, whether you’re here to board, train, or just play!
Our salon menu includes:
- Premium or basic bath
- Nail trim
Why Choose a Professional Dog Bath?
- The Right Tools for the Job Our professionals have tools that a standard bathroom doesn’t. We have a special dog bathing station with facilities for dogs of all sizes, and a wide range of pet products to choose from. Our services can be customized to your dog's breed, coat, and comfort level.
- Early Detection of Certain Medical Issues All of our spa service staff are trained to identify skin, coat, and paw abnormalities that may be cause for concern. When it comes to skin problems, early detection is critical to prevent the issue from rapidly growing in the future.
- Our Dog Bathing Staff Are Prepared for Anxious or Overactive Pups Brushes, blow-dryers, and nail clippers may be overwhelming for a dog, especially those who aren’t used to the experience. Our staff at the Middletown spa are trained to help anxious dogs feel more comfortable with the bathing process and round up the overactive pups to keep them still while we work.
- Combine Services for a Special Stay! Not only can your dog be bathed and brushed during their stay, but they can also enjoy playtime at our dog daycare or dog training classes. Ask about our combination packages, so you can pick up a relaxed, exercised, and freshly bathed pup!
Most Frequently Asked Questions
You are more than welcome to contact our location to learn more about our specialty spa services, but before you do, take a look at some of our most frequently asked questions!
Are Fur Grooming Services Available?
While we cannot clip or trim your dog’s fur, we can give them a thorough brushing which can include a de-shedding process designed to maintain thicker, fuller coats. And in thinner-haired dogs, our standard brush-out will have their coat looking fantastically un-fur-gettable.
How Long Does Their Visit Take?
A typical service can last anywhere from 25-50 minutes (sometimes more), but this time frame heavily depends on the requested services and how booked our facility is on your appointment day, among other factors. We highly recommend that all guests be brought in 10 minutes before their appointment to ensure that all services can be completed. This system also helps prevent excessive waiting when you pick them up. Pick up time will be set when we have an estimated drying time.
How Often Should I Take My Dog to Get a Bath & Brush out?
This answer varies depending on the length and density of your dog’s fur, but after their initial appointment, the staff member that worked with them can help you determine a proper schedule to maintain a healthy coat.
We’ll Have Your Pup Squeaky Clean With Our Dog Bathing & Spa in Middletown, PA
A regular bathing schedule has a long list of health benefits and can help your dog feel more comfortable in their skin every day. Your pup deserves a little pampering, so while they’re here enjoying any of our other services such as training, boarding, or day-care, let them indulge in the retreat of a lifetime.
You can learn more about our spa day services over the phone or in person during your next visit. Call (717) 844-6569 today, or stop by soon! We’re located at 600 Schoolhouse Rd. Middletown, PA, conveniently stationed right off the PA-283.